The stout. My second favorite style of beer. Happy International Stout Day!
If you’re in Colorado and want to stop by a tap room today, take a look at my list of excellent stouts. Or if you’re not here but still want to consume one of our state’s tastiest beverages, there are some bottled/canned ones on the list which, depending on where you live, you can easily pick up at your local liquor store.
Brewpub/tap room only stouts:
- Coffee Stout by Our Mutual Friend Malt & Brew (Denver)
- Hammer and Sickle Russian Imperial Stout by Renegade Brewing Co. (Denver)
- Chai Milk Stout by Yak & Yeti Brewpub (Arvada)
- Oatlord Oatmeal Stout and Megatron Imperial Stout by Mountain Sun (Boulder) and Vine St. Pub & Brewery (Denver). I also love their Addiction Coffee Imperial Stout, but I don’t think it’s on right now.
- Bourbon Barrel Stout by Coopersmith’s Pub and Brewery (Ft. Collins)
- Mexican Chocolate Stout by Copper Kettle Brewing Co. (Denver) YUM!!!
- Smores Stout* by Wild Woods Brewery (Boulder)
- Oatmeal Stout and 72 Imperial Chocolate Cream Stout by Breckenridge Brewery (Denver)
- Wake Up Dead Imperial Stout by Left Hand Brewing Co. (Longmont)
- Ten Fidy Imerpial Stout by Oskar Blues (Lyons)
- Yeti Imperial Stout** by Great Divide Brewing Co. (Denver)
*I have not yet tried this, as Wild Woods just opened in September. But it sounds wonderful!
**All of the Yetis are delicious, but my favorite is Espresso Oak Aged Yeti.
There are most likely some other great ones I’ve missed. If so, let me know! Cheers!