It’s that time of year again. February is almost here, and for the 22nd year in a row that means STOUT MONTH at all five of the Mountain Sun locations: Mountain Sun, Southern Sun, and Under the Sun in Boulder, Vine Street in Denver, and Longs Peak Pub in Longmont. Here’s is what we have to look forward to the entire month of February:
This Year’s House Stouts
48 Smooth Chai Stout, Addiction Coffee Imperial Stout, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Addiction Coffee Imperial Stout, Brett Stoudt American “Wild” Stout, Casual Friday Stout, Cherry Chocolate Stout, Chocolate Dip Stout, Chocolate Thunder Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout, Coconut Cream Stout, Dark Harvest Pumpkin Stout, Dropkick Stout, Girl Scout Stout, Korova Cream Stout, Megatron Imperial Stout, Mutual Respect Coffee Stout brewed with Odell Brewing, Nihilist Russian Imperial Stout, Norwegian Wheat Stout, Oatimus Prime Oatmeal Stout, Old School Dry Irish Stout, Sharkbite Foreign Stout, Space Odyssey Stout, Stoked Oak Stout, Totally Stoked Stout, Thunderhead Stout, Trickster Stout, and Yonder Mountain Oatmeal Stout
This Year’s Guest Stouts
Avery Mephistopheles’ Stout, Backcountry Brewery Breakfast Stout, Big Choice Brewing #42 Poblano Stout, The Brew on Broadway Social Club Coffee Milk Stout, Cannonball Creek Brewing Almond Chocolate Stout, Crabtree Brewing Oatmeal Stout, Diebolt Brewing The Commodore Russian Imperial Stout, Fate Brewing Sudice American Stout, Gravity Brewing Oort Cloud Oatmeal Stout, High Hops Brewery The Dark One Milk Stout, Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout, Odell Brewing Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout, Odyssey Beerwerks Seething Cauldron Belgian Stout, Pagosa Brewing Soaker’s Oatmeal Stout, Renegade Brewing Depravity Imperial Peanut Butter Cup Milk Stout, River North Brewery Avarice Belgian-Style Imperial Stout, Sanitas Brewing Cinnilla Stout, Strange Brewing Chocolate Raspberry Love Stout, Telluride Brewing Ski-In-Ski-Stout, TRVE Brewing Stout O))), Upslope Brewing Foreign Stout, Wild Woods Brewery Smores Stout, Wonderland Brewing Vaderade Irish Stout, Yak & Yeti Chai Milk Stout
When can you find these particular beers on tap? Here’s a helpful note from the folks at Mountain Sun: “With so many stouts, it’s impossible to say when your favorite will be debuted on our tap boards, so make sure you visit the pubs often in February so you don’t miss out on any of these exceptional offerings.”
However, here are some special release dates to keep in mind:
Stout Month Special Events and Releases
Unless otherwise specified, all releases occur at opening time at all Mountain Sun Locations!
- Meet the Brewer Fridays:
- Come hang with those who make the beer every Friday during Stout Month from 6-8pm at the Southern Sun Pub and Brewery in Boulder and The Vine Street Pub and Brewery in Denver. These are very casual gatherings with our brewers in our breweries that include tastings and tours of the breweries.
- Sunday, February 1st: Stout Month 2015 Kick Off!
- Tom Brady, who? Mountain Sun Pubs are where it’s at on Sunday as we roll into Stout Month 2015!
- Tuesday February 3rd: Chocolate Thunder Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout
- Our Imperial version of a traditional Milk Stout is opaque and full-bodied with a soft, velvety texture from additions of milk chocolate, dark chocolate and milk sugar. Chocolate Thunder has assertive flavors of chocolate, vanilla and oak from several months aging in Maker’s Mark Bourbon Barrels 10.0% ABV
- Tuesday, February 10th: Dueling Beer Release Featuring Megatron Imperial Stout and Oatimus Prime Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Megatron American Imperial Stout: This American-style Imperial Stout has dominant flavors of chocolate and roast balanced by huge citrus and pine flavors from American hop varieties. The California Ale yeast has a clean fermentation profile and accentuates the flavors of the malts and hops 10.7% ABV
- Oatimus Prime Imperial Oatmeal Stout: This offering is dark and rich with flavors of chocolate from the blend of roasted grains balanced by warming notes of alcohol. A large addition of Golden Naked Oats lends aromas of oatmeal cookie as well as contributing to the smooth texture and full mouth feel. 10.3% ABV
- Saturday, February 14th: Cherry Chocolate Stout
- This has become a Valentine’s Day tradition for us. This Cherry Chocolate Stout is brewed with milk chocolate, dark chocolate and a blend of more than 300 pounds of dark sweet cherries and red tart cherries. The flavor leaves the impression that you’ve just eaten a dark chocolate-covered cherry! 7.2% ABV
- Saturday, February 14th: Strange Craft Brewery Belgian Chocolate Raspberry Love Stout
- Brewed for Stout Month and Valentine’s Day, this stout uses raw organic cocoa nibs from Ghana and is fermented with a special Belgian yeast before being aged on nearly 40 pounds of raspberries. 8.0% ABV
- Tuesday, February 17th: Nihilist Russian Imperial Stout
- Brewed with a massive quantity of roasted malts, this beer is balanced with a hefty dose of Orange Blossom honey. A generous portion of Chinook and Amarillo hops and a drier finish lend to a unique drinkability not often associated with Imperial Stouts. Complex notes of coffee, chocolate, orange, and cherry fill the palette, while an ample addition of bittering hops ensure a smooth ride all the way to the last drop 10.3% ABV
- Tuesday, February 24th: Bourbon Barrel-Aged Addiction Coffee Imperial Stout
- Our coffee-infused Imperial Stout has assertive flavors of coffee and malt flavors which suggest chocolate, dark fruit and caramel complemented by vanilla, oak and bourbon flavors from aging several months in Maker’s Mark Bourbon barrels 9.5% ABV
- Every Thursday of Stout Month Means The Release Of Avery’s Mephistopheles At A Mountain Sun Pub
- Mephistopheles is the crafty shape shifter, the second fallen angel. Amazingly complex, coal black, velvety and liquerish, this demon has a bouquet of vine-ripened grapes, anise and chocolate covered cherries with flavors of rum-soaked caramelized dark fruits and a double espresso finish. 17% ABV
- Thursday, February 5th: Longs Peak Pub and Taphouse
- Thursday, February 12th: Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery
- Thursday, February 19th: Vine Street Pub and Brewery
- Thursday, February 26th: Southern Sun Pub and Brewery. This release will be a special version of Mephistopheles infused with coffee, aptly named Tweak