The third annual Collaboration Fest was last Saturday, March 19th at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. In addition to over 85 unique beers, this fest is one-of-a-kind in that it brings to light the camaraderie and extraordinary relationships among so many brewers. It is this spirit of working together that adds something special to to the overall atmosphere of Collaboration Fest.
In my opinion, the 2016 festival was the best yet. I had more excellent beers this year than ever before! But to mention a few of my favorites:
Skeptic Ale: Barrel Aged American Peach IPA from Epic Brewing & Ska Brewing
Rock Star Part III: Sour Blend from Falling Rock Tap House & Star Bar
Neptune’s Fickle Grace: 100% Brett Citrus IPA from Fiction Beer Company & Tivoli Brewing Co
I Smoka: Coffee Mocha Porter from Oskar Blues & Horse & Dragon Brewing Company
ÜberMountain Barleyshine: English-Style Barleywine from Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery & Uber Brew
Morning in Havana: Tropical Stout from Upslope Brewing Co. & New Belgium Brewing Company (great on its own but even better with coffee added!)
Understandably, Collaboration Fest sold out well before the actual event. If you missed it, make a mental note to get your tickets early next year, as it just keeps getting better and better.
And whether you attended or not, here is where you can catch some of the beers that were brewed for Collaboration Fest:
- Boulder Beer Co. and Fat Heads: Available at Boulder Beer starting 3/21. Available 4/1 in Ohio at all Winking Lizard Restaurant locations as well as additional tap takeovers in Ohio.
- Factotum Brewhouse and Tow Yard Brewing: Available in cans at the end of March/beginning of April and in the Factotum taproom.
- Fiction Beer Company and Tivoli Brewing Company: Available in both taprooms.
- Great Divide Brewing Co. and TRVE Brewing: Available in both taprooms.
- Hall Brewing and Kokopelli Beer Company: Available at both taprooms starting on 3/21.
- Holidaily Brewing Company and Yak and Yeti Brewpub: Available in both tasting rooms.
- Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery and Brewery Rickoli: Available at Brewery Rickoli tasting room starting on 3/19.
- Joyride Brewing Co. and Heretic Brewing Company: Available at Joyride taproom.
- Kannah Creek Brewing Company, Roaring Fork Beer Company and Colorado Boy Brewing: Available in all taprooms.
- Launch Pad Brewery and 38 State Brewing Company: Available at 38 State starting 3/20 at noon. Available at Launch Pad on 3/26 from noon until 8pm.
- The Bakers’ Brewery, Broken Compass, Dillon DAM Brewery, Backcountry Brewery, Pug Ryan’s Brewery and Breckenridge Brewery OG: Available in taprooms.