I’ll be frank: 2020 has been rough. In a year in which everything is uncertain and basically all events have been canceled, I have a spot of bright news: the Vail Craft Beer Classic is ON! But beer festivals are crowded, so how is this possible in the era of COVID-19? Let me introduce the concept of the socially distant beer fest.
Safe Sips – How it Works:
- Masks will be required in some areas of the festival when mingling and chatting with brewers.
- Collect samples from the breweries on your tray and take your beers back to your area to remove your mask and drink your samples with your group. **Bring your own blanket and/or lawn chairs to stake out an area to taste and listen to music.**
- Brewers will be required to wear masks and gloves, handing out single use cups for samples.
- Hand Sanitizer will be readily available all over the event.
- Limited number of attendees: only 175 tickets are available for each session.
Sounds pretty great, right? But what about the beer? Check out the list of breweries pouring at the fest:
Bonfire Brewing • Colorado Cider Company • Crooked Stave Artisans • Great Divide Brewing Company • Firestone Walker • Guanella Pass Brewing • Jagged Mountain Brewing Company • Odell Brewing Company • Ratio Beerworks • Snow Capped Ciders • Stone Brewing • Strange Craft Brewing Company • Upslope Brewing Company • Vail Brewing Company and MORE COMING SOON!
Tickets are on sale now for Friday, August 14th & Saturday, August 15th. Use code BEERGIRL for $5 off!
After months without beer festivals, I couldn’t be more excited for this event! I’ve got my tickets, and I have a pair to give away. If you’d like to win, comment on this post with the first drink you hope to sip from any of the participating breweries/cideries. It’s a tough choice, but I’ll probably head to the Crooked Stave booth in hopes of finding a sour. What about you? Comment below for your chance to score FREE TICKETS!
Rules: A winner will be chosen at random on Monday, August 3rd. One entry per person please. Winner must reply to me within 24 hours to claim tickets; otherwise, another winner will be selected. Must be 21+ to claim tickets and attend.