I’ve attended many Beer and Cheese Pairings at Great Divide over the last couple of years, and they’ve always been wonderful. So when I heard about a beer and chocolate pairing featuring Great Divide beers at Star Bar December 15th, I couldn’t wait to go. $20 per person–great deal!
My favorite kinds of beer are IPAs, stouts, and porters. I was pleased to see 3 of the 6 beers were IPAs or stouts! The pairings were as follows:
- Oak Aged Yeti with Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Sea Salt bars
- Hoss Rye Lager with Dark Chocolate Ginger nibs
- Hibernation with Milk Chocolate Maple squares
- Hercules Imperial IPA with Orange Chocolate bars
- Grand Cru with Milk Chocolate Amaretto Cappuccino nibs
- Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti with Dark Chocolate Cayenne Pepper savories
Everything was amazing! The only chocolate I did not care for was the orange—-ew. But the rest were great and seemed to be paired quite well with their respective beers. I was pleased with the entire experience. I hope there will be another beer and chocolate pairing in the near future!