My Favorite Colorado Beers of 2012
I drank more great beers in the past year than I can even begin to remember. So, looking back on 2012, I’ve decided to make a list of my favorite Colorado beers I had throughout the year. Some are not new, but have been around for a while, whereas others were just released in 2012. But here are the best Colorado-brewed beers I drank last year, in no particular order.
- Mexican Chocolate Stout (Copper Kettle Brewing Co., Denver)
- Deviant Dale’s IPA (Oskar Blues Brewery, Lyons)
- Slap Your Mammy Double IPA (Trinity Brewing Co., CO Springs)
- Elevation Triple IPA (Renegade Brewing, Denver)
- Chai Milk Stout (Yak & Yeti, Arvada)
- Espresso Oak Aged Yeti (Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver)
- Hop Vivant Imperial IPA (Vine St. Pub & Brewery, Denver)
- Big Bunny Cascadian Dark Ale (Caution Brewing Co., Denver)
These last 2 are new, as these breweries just opened in 2012:
- Imperial Red Rye IPA (Black Shirt Brewing, Denver)
- Huckleberry Roasters Coffee Stout (Our Mutual Friend Malt & Brew, Denver)
I can’t imagine what my 2013 list is going to look like this time next year, with all the new breweries set to open within the year. But I can tell you I am extremely excited about it!