Let’s face it–there’s a good chance many of us are going to wake up on New Year’s Day with a headache and in need of a good hearty meal. So here are some ideas in advance of where you can go for a great recovery brunch.
- While New Year’s Eve focuses on carousing with friends, New Year’s Day at Centro Latin Kitchen (950 Pearl St., Boulder) is all about the food – specifically, the brunch. Recover with a resolution brunch at Centro, where specials include Chef Dakota Coburn’s traditionally lucky Poached Lobster Huevos Ranchero and a Caramelized Rum-Apple Stuffed French Toast to satisfy your sweet tooth. If you hit it a bit too hard the night before, our favorite hangover cure is the Centro Steak & Eggs with roasted chile tamales and tomatillo salsa. Make it boozy with a visit to the hangover-cure Centro Bloody Mary Bar, making its debut in 2015.
- The Post Brewing Company (105 W. Emma Street, Lafayette) is offering two great ways to kick off your new year. Stop in between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. to enjoy The Post’s Good Luck Platter – Chef Brett Smith’s guarantee for good fortune in the upcoming year. Four items, each meant to bring good luck and awesomeness in the coming year, include Post-style grilled ham, collard greens, marinated black eye peas and two eggs over easy. Had a bit too much to drink last night and can’t stay? Try the Post’s version of a Hangover Cure, and grab a Bucket of Chicken and a growler for $49. Fill your growler with your choice of the Post’s Meathooks, Howdy or Zippy brews, and you’re good to go.
- Nursing a champagne headache? Drop in to Argyll Whisky Beer (1035 E 17th Ave) for their new year’s day brunch, featuring the Argyll regular brunch menu served until 3 p.m. Roll on in and make a day of it with the Traditional Corned Beef Hash – poached egg, greens and a spicy mustard sauce, or dig into the Crayfish & Artichoke Stew, enhanced by rice and a fried egg. Feeling especially hungry? Tuck in to the city’s best take on the English Breakfast, with house made sausage, fried egg, tomato, mushrooms and beans. You can’t start the new year off without a bite of the Scotch Egg – delicious, crispy,soft, savory, all in one cheeky British package. For those needing a bit more sleep, Argyll’s regular dinner service starts at 5 p.m.
- Make it a delicious start to the new year with brunch at Humboldt Farm, Fish & Wine (1700 Humboldt Street), where they’re keeping it simple by serving from their brand new brunch menu. Must-trys include the Sausage Cheddar Fritters – yes, that’s right – and Blueberry & Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with breakfast sausage. You can’t go wrong with Humboldt’s specialty Washburn oysters, fresh shucked and served with traditional mignonette, it’s a traditional new year’s day dish, guaranteed to bring good luck in the new year. Wash it down with a carafe of bubbly or Humboldt’s Solstice “Sangria” for a boozy start to the new year.
- Whether you’re hung over or just hungry, ViewHouse (2015 Market Street) has the answer with regular brunch menu offerings, including Crab Cakes Egg Benedict, French Toast with salted caramel bananas and the ViewHouse breakfast burrito, stuffed full of spicy chorizo, green chile, pico de gallo, sour cream and eggs, and loaded up with guacamole. Finish strong with the ViewHouse Bloody Mary or Whiskey Kiss, with Leopold’s small batch whiskey and St. Germain, fresh strawberries, mint and lemon juice.
- Head over to Ignite Burgers & Bar (2124 Larimer St.) on New Year’s Day for the Walk Of Shame Brunch from 10am-2pm. Enjoy bottomless mimosas and bacon Bloody Marys while you listen to (mellow) live music with Dave Connelly. Ease into January with the Last Hoorah Burger, one of Ignite’s creative and massive burger concoctions or the Hangover Cure Burger including hash browns and a fried egg. Diet starts tomorrow.
- Tamayo (1400 Larimer Street) rings in the new year with bottomless brunch, the perfect hangover cure. Unlimited small plates and free flowing cocktails for $35 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Too early? Come in later and take advantage of regular happy hour offerings between 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., and stay for dinner beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- Zengo & La Biblioteca (610 Little Raven St) kick off the New Year with bottomless brunch at both Zengo and La Biblioteca. Bottomless cocktails & free-flowing small plates, including a “build your own bloody bar (Maria or Mary)” with over 30 fixings to make it to your liking, all for $35. Menu favorites include Chorizo Benedict, Spicy Tuna Roll, Shrimp Vegetable Potstickers and Bacon Fried Rice. Reservations recommended; call 720-904-0965.