2014 New Year’s Eve Dinner: Denver, Boulder, Ft. Collins
New Year’s Eve is coming up–have you gotten around to making dinner reservations yet? If not, here are several options for your consideration. Start the night off right with a delicious meal and drinks from any one of the following:
- Visit newly opened Stout Street Social (1400 Stout St) before or after you take in the celebratory fireworks on the 16th St Mall. Enjoy a social dinner with friends and family in downtown Denver’s newest spot for sushi, oysters, salads, sandwiches and burgers. In the expansive “racetrack” shaped bar, taste a carefully selected draft beer from the list of more than 40 varieties along with fine wines (more than 40 by the glass) and classically inspired cocktails. Take advantage of the discounted valet parking for $20 with validation at Embassy Suites next door.
- Get your 80’s on at Punch Bowl Social (65 Broadway) on New Year’s Eve with an 80’s cover band, $2.50 PBR’s and $6 PBR’s with a shot. Balloon drop and champagne toast at midnight complete with hats and noisemakers to ring in 2015. Think 80’s arcade games like Pac Man, Joust and Galaga or hit the lanes, ping pong tables and skeeball to celebrate the night.
- Session Kitchen (1539 S. Pearl St.) in the historic Platte Park will ring in the New Year with a Tasting Menu Extravaganza. The three-course meal created by Chef Scott Parker includes a welcome amuse-bouche to get things started, choices of West Coast Oysters or Parmesan Flatbread, Spaghetti & Royal Red Shrimp or Roast Beef Shoulder Tender and the difficult choice of Chocolate Peanut Butter Beignets or Assiette de Fromage (house made jams with fried sourdough). Cost of $50 per guest with a $25 optional wine pairing also available. Limited a la carte menu also available on the 31st. For reservations please call 720.763.3387.
- Welcome in 2015 at LoHi hotspot Lola (1575 Boulder St) with New Year’s Eve a la carte specials from 5 pm – 11pm such as Champagne Cured Black Bass Ceviche with grapes tarragon and picked mustard seeds, Quail Asada with mole verde and yucca dumplings or the Lamb Sirloin with mint chimichurri. Of course, stay for the complimentary champagne toast at midnight, as the bar will be open late. Call 720.570.8686 for reservations.
- Zengo (1610 Little Raven St.) will be serving up a Latin-Asian New Year’s Eve Celebration. For $69 per guest this includes an appetizer, three-course meal and dessert. The table will receive the choice of either the Spicy Crab Guacamole or edamame for an appetizer. The First course includes four yummy choices including the Charred Tuna Won Ton Tacos. Second course includes four choices including the thai chicken empanadas. Third course includes four choices including the Wok seared scallops. For dessert indulge in one of two choices – like the flour less chocolate cake. Reservations are recommended. 720-904-0964
- Join La Biblioteca (1610 Little Raven St. #200) for their New Year’s Eve Unlimited Bash Menu from 9 pm-1 am. For $60 a person, this includes an unlimited passed appetizers and select cocktails. Tickets can be purchased by calling 720.904.0965 with a credit card hold. Please give 72 hours for cancellations. Some of the passed appetizers include the spicy tuna roll, adobo chicken steam buns, lamb albondigas and achiote-hoisin pork areas. A few of the New Year’s Eve Cocktails include the traditional margarita, well cocktails, red and white wine and draft beer.
- Ring in the New Year with modern Mexican cuisine and cocktails at Tamayo on historic Larimer Square (1400 Larimer Street). Join us on Wednesday, December 31st for a $70 three-course dinner special with a champagne toast that includes roasted beets salad, pan roasted scallops, lobster soup, duck quesadilla or pork tamal for the first course; pacific salmon, tampiquena, lobster and shrimp, braised beef short ribs, chicken pechuga relleno or vegetarian albondigas (vegan) for the second course; and empanadas de plantano, pastel de mousse or pastel de queso for the final course. Call 720-946-1433 for reservations.
- Stop in to Humboldt Farm, Fish & Wine (1700 Humboldt Street) on New Year’s Eve for low-key, relaxed and sophisticated meal from the newly rolled out dinner menu. Start with the Bubbles & Bivalves, a dozen oysters and 1/2 bottle of prosecco for $39. Go traditional for New Year’s and try the Maine Lobster Risotto with buttered corn and crispy leeks enhancing Tom Flanigan’s Maine lobster, or go classic with the Colorado Lamb Bolognese featuring crushed tomato and smoky bacon. Wash it down with the new Humboldt Martini, classically prepared and enhanced with a truffle salt rim and gorgonzola stuffed olive.
- Welcome in the New Year with Old World style at Argyll Whisky Beer (1035 E 17th Ave), where celebrants will enjoy a $58 per person prix fixe menu. Highlights of the four coursed traditional menu with a bit of British cheek include a chef-chosen amuse-bouche, shrimp bisque, oysters, New York steak with potato croquettes, swordfish with clams and saffron broth, millefeuille with hazelnuts, figs and brown butter ice-cream, petit fours, Almond Crème brûlée with winter citrus black and white chocolate raspberry torte. Reservations begin at 5 p.m., and each guest will receive a complimentary champagne toast. Driving? Argyll will make it easy for you by offering complimentary valet parking for all guests that night.
- ViewHouse (2015 Market Street) On New Year’s Eve, come to the best venue in town to watch the downtown fireworks – perched in your seat on the ViewHouse rooftop. Don’t miss the fun and energetic downtown vibe at ViewHouse, where they’ll be hosting their “A New Year’s State of Mind” party, complete with confetti cannons, a photo booth to catch all the moments, a midnight celebratory toast, balloon drops, and a four-course prix fixe dinner from the creative mind of Chef Jose Guerrero.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve downtown at Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar (1539 17th St.) with a four-course prix fixe menu for $65 with a $30 wine pairing option available. Open for happy hour at 4 pm, menu highlights include Steak Tartare and Beef Fat Potato Crustini, Charbroiled Braised Octopus, Pan Roasted Alamosa Striped Bass and a 30 Layer Crepe Cake for dessert. Optional additions include caviar, Chilled King Crab and a selection of Oysters. Call 303.292.5767 for reservations.
- The Glendale Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar (650 S. Colorado Blvd.) location will also be celebrating the New Year’s Eve holiday with a delicious 4 – course prix fixe menu with optional wine pairings. Selections include Fresh Shucked Hurricane Harbor Oysters, Scallop Crudo, Jax Chicken & Crawfish Gumbo, Prime NY Strip and Fried Apple Hand Pie. Reservations are recommended and are available from 4pm until 11 pm by calling 303.756.6449. $75 prix fixe menu + $30 optional wine pairing.
- This New Years Eve, head to Jax Fish House (123 N. College Avenue) in Fort Collins for a decadent three-course dinner that includes guests’ choice of items like Ham Hock & Black Eyed Pea Soup, Sweet Bacon Dashi, and Cranberry Almond Cheesecake Mousse. This special menu costs $50 per person, with additional wine and beer pairings optional. Call 970.682.2275 for reservations.
- Blackbelly Market (1606 Conestoga #3) will be marking their first New Years Eve at the new Blackbelly Market location in East Boulder with an offering of a five course tasting menu (with amuse) for $75. Enjoy the last dinner of 2014 with your favorite winter flavors from a menu featuring beet and almond financier; nantucket bay scallop crudo with citrus and fresno chile; roast chestnut soup with matsutake and cognac; seared kona kampachi and crispy rice, ponzu duo of wagyu beef and pasta involtini with glazed roots. And, of course, the end of the year brings bittersweet feelings, and to that end Blackbelly will serve a bittersweet chocolate torte at the end of the meal to see you into the New Year. A curated wine pairing option is available for an additional $45, while the full bar, featuring Blackbelly’s craft cocktails, wines, and local drafts will be available. For reservations, call the restaurant directly at 303-247-1000 or visit the website.
- Old St. Nick may have come and gone, but New Year’s Eve might just be the best time to dive into the yumminess of latin flavors at Centro Latin Kitchen (950 Pearl St., Boulder) in Boulder. The evening’s specials include the Lobster Paella for two, which arrives at your table with a bottle of bubbles or carafe of spicy, citrusy House-crafted sangria for $50. Other New Year’s Eve specials include Grilled Lamb Chops Al Pastor with chickpea and poblano hash, Poached Lobster Huevos Rancheros, and you’re encouraged to indulge in the traditional New Year’s Lobster Rice Fritters with chipotle tarter. Wash it down with Centro’s El Gringo, Centro’s latin version of a Manhattan, or an Aperitivo, with Grey Goose, Aperol, agave nectar and a light citrus & soda finish for just the right end note to the year.